$description = get_post_meta(get_the_ID(), 'wpcf-landing-description', true);echo"$description";?>
The region is host to major employers and contains two of Australia’s most important economic gateways: Sydney Airport and Port Botany. It is also the site of other infrastructure, which plays a major role on a metropolitan, state and country-wide scale, such as:
- the Sydney central business district
- major regional centres including Sutherland, Bondi Junction and Hurstville
- vital transport corridors providing links to the Port and Airport
- major petrochemical industries
- the nuclear research reactor at Lucas Heights
- the Universities of Sydney, New South Wales and the University of Technology, Sydney
- major hospitals including the Prince of Wales, Royal Prince Alfred and St Vincents.
The Sydney Desalination Plant will also be situated in our region.
The SSROC region contains much of the land used by the CityRail train and light rail network and is impacted on by buses and ferries.
Iconic infrastructure in the region includes the Sydney Opera House, Harbour Bridge and Anzac Bridge.