The 11 councils that make up the SSROC Region are responsible for 1.7 million people, of whom, more than 25% are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Our member councils employ over 8000 staff who provide services such as maintenance and construction of roads, footpaths and drains, libraries, community development, planning, waste management, resource recovery and environmental services.
- Botany Bay
- Royal National Park
- Significant wetlands
- Cooks, Georges, Hacking and Woronora Rivers, and the Sydney Harbour foreshore areas
- The Sydney central business district
- Major regional centres including Sutherland, Bondi Junction and Hurstville
- Vital transport corridors providing links to the Port and Airport
- Major petrochemical industries
- The nuclear research reactor at Lucas Heights
- The Universities of Sydney, New South Wales and the University of Technology, Sydney
- Major hospitals including the Prince of Wales, Royal Prince Alfred and St Vincents.